Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 24
Scope and Content Note His good stuff.
Overview This collection contains correspondence, study materials, journals, address books, programs, memorabilia, teaching material, military documents and photographs and negatives documenting his personal, academic and professional life between 1930 and 1988, one item per year from 1848, 1856, 1859, 1898, 1901 and 1903, and a record book of personal finances contains entries from 1989 in someone else's handwriting.
Dates: 1848-1989; Majority of material found within 1932-1987
Abstract These files are comprised of records and correspondence generated by the Director's Office of The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art (formerly called The William Rockhill Nelson Gallery of Art and the Atkins Museum of Fine Arts) during the tenure of Paul Gardner (1932-53), the first Director of the Museum. The Director's Office was occupied by Ethlyne Jackson who was Acting Director from November 1942 until January 1946 while Gardner served in the American Armed Forces during World War II.
Abstract These files are comprised of records and correspondence generated by the Director's Office of The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art (formerly called The William Rockhill Nelson Gallery of Art and the Atkins Museum of Fine Arts) during the tenure of Laurence Sickman (1953-1977), the second Director of the Museum. Also found intermittently are records reflecting his tenures as Curator of Oriental Art (1935-1978), Assistant Director (1946-1953), and Director Emeritus (1977-1988).
Overview The records of Ralph T. Coe maintained during his tenure as Director of the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art from 1977 to 1982. The collection is primarily comprised of letters, memos, meeting minutes, reports, and other miscellaneous material.
Overview The records of Marc Wilson maintained during his tenure as Director of the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art from 1982 to 2010. The collection is primarily comprised of letters, memos, meeting minutes, reports, and other miscellaneous material.
Abstract The Department of Oriental Art records contain correspondence, reports, photographs, newspaper clippings, and other miscellaneous material. These records document the activities of the department from the 1930s to the 1990s.
Overview Comprised of correspondence, original manuscript and exhibition publication, essays, catalogues, programs, newspaper articles, invoices, receipts, drawings and photographs documenting the coordination and installation of the Magic Theater Exhibition. The exhibition, a collection of eight avant-garde artists whose expression of art represented the contemoraneous movement toward breaking out of the stereo-typical art boundaries of canvas and traditional styles of...
Abstract This collection contains the records of the Sacred Circles exhibition, held at the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art in 1977. The collection, dated 1972 to 1980, primarily consists of correspondence, loan forms, photographs, financial records, publicity reports, press releases, and other related material.
- Art dealers 2
- Art museums -- Missouri -- Kansas City 2
- Art, Chinese -- Song-Yuan dynasties, 960-1368 -- Exhibitions 1
- Decorative arts, Baroque 1
- Impressionist artists -- France 1
- Painters -- United States -- Exhibitions 1
- Painting, Chinese -- Song-Yuan dynasties, 960-1368 -- Exhibitions 1 ∧ less
- William Rockhill Nelson Gallery of Art and Mary Atkins Museum of Fine Arts 12
- Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art 9
- Sickman, L. C. S. (Laurence C. S.) 6
- Coe, Ralph T. 4
- William Rockhill Nelson Gallery of Art and Mary Atkins Museum of Fine Arts. Office of the Director 4
- Wilson, Marc F. 4
- Conrads, Margaret C., 1955- 2
- Ho, Wai-kam 2
- Nichols, Jesse Clyde 2
- William Rockhill Nelson Trust -- placeholder 2
- Art Institute of Chicago 1
- C.T. Loo, Inc. (New York, N.Y.) 1
- Carnegie Museum of Art 1
- Cleveland Museum of Art 1
- Cooper, Lindsay Hughes 1
- Gardner, Paul, 1895- 1
- Gogh, Vincent van, 1853-1890 1
- Handforth, Thomas, 1897-1948 1
- Hansen, Al, 1927-1995 1
- Harris, Jeanne Adelaide 1
- Hayward Gallery 1
- Johnson, Kathryn C. 1
- Jones, Howard, 1922- 1
- Landsman, Stanley, 1930-1984 1
- Lee, Sherman E. 1
- Lu, Qinzhai, 1880-1957 1
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, N.Y.) 1
- Monet, Claude, 1840-1926 1
- Museo degli strumenti musicali di Roma 1
- Museum der Bildenden Künste (Leipzig, Germany) 1
- Musée du Louvre 1
- Ross, Charles, 1937- 1
- Seawright, James 1
- Shapiro, Michael E. 1
- St. Louis Art Museum 1
- Toledo Museum of Art 1
- Walker, Stefanie 1
- Whitman, Robert, 1935- 1
- Wyeth, Andrew, 1917-2009 1 ∧ less